MORE RELIABLE, EFFICIENT AND SECURE FACTORY LOGISTICS
Unikie’s Automated Factory Parking solution is designed to reduce costs of car logistics on factory premises by increasing the efficiency and reliability of logistics operations.
We have created an efficient framework for the development of autonomously controlled vehicle logistics. The solution uses Edge Computing, Sensor Fusion, HD Mapping and AI and combines a large and versatile network of sensors and processing nodes for full, accurate and fast control along with detailed situational awareness. The system can maneuver a large number of vehicles accurately even in confined spaces and crowded areas along with other factory traffic.
The solution builds on sliced commercial or an entirely private 4G/5G wireless network, cameras, lidars and radar sensors, advanced AI based machine vision and real-time edge computing. It can control vehicles without autonomous driving functionality as if they had Level 4 autonomous capabilities. The system enables cars to drive autonomously and avoid collisions more efficiently than a human driver because it has a more comprehensive awareness of the situation and the operational environment.
DEMONSTRATIONS AND TESTING
The vehicle does not need to have the capability for autonomous driving, because the control of speed, maneuvering, situational awareness and reaction to unexpected events is managed by the external system.
WANT TO SEE FULL DEMO?
Want to see the full demonstration of our Automated Factory Parking? Our full demonstration, filmed on a live showcase presentation, includes video inside the vehicles, video of the LiDAR point cloud, the Vehicle Mission Control Platform (Control Hub).
Full Factory Parking Demo
The key idea behind automated factory parking is to remotely plan and control the movement of multiple vehicles in real time using a centralized and automated vehicle mission control platform (Control Hub), which defines and shares the mission route and specifications for specific vehicles. The AFP solution uses HP Mapping and Sensor Fusion from multiple sources (LiDARs, Cameras, Radars, etc.) for highly accurate localization and positioning of a specific vehicle and Edge Computing to relay the maneuvering commands to a vehicle through a secure network connection.
The AFP solution uses the cars telematics, electric power steering, automatic gear box and cruise control to remotely control its movement as if the car had full Level 4 autonomous capabilities. The control algorithms can plan maneuvers and guide cars more accurately than a human driver would producing precise and repeatable results while simultaneously moving and parking a large number of vehicles safely.
BUILDING BLOCKS FOR FACTORY PARKING
- Sensor fusion
- Object Detection, Tracking, Classification
- Positioning & SLAM
- Reactions to changing weather conditions
- ISO Standard compatibility
- Secure Vehicle Control and Trajectory planning
- User interaction
- Map creation
- Infrastructure connected sensors
- Lidars, Cameras, Radars etc.
- Based on CARLA open source simulator
- Simulations based on real maps
- Weather condition simulation
- AD Vehicle model simulation
BENEFITS OF AUTOMATED FACTORY PARKING
Automated Factory Parking offers many benefits for Automotive Manufacturers. Operating on a private and managed area allows the solution to be used and adopted quickly because there is no need for changes in legislation, the local infrastructure can be clearly defined and the return on investment is easy to calculate. Other benefits include:
- Clear and precise situational control of the entire fleet
- Easy adaptation to meet business purposes and strategy
- Cost savings due to efficiency and high availability of the system
- Required technology is already attainable and can be implemented without high costs
- Minimal to no changes required in the controlled vehicles
WHY USE UNIKIE AS A TECHNOLOGY PROVIDER FOR AFP?
Our Automated Factory Parking solution offers a framework based on a solid development roadmap. Here are a few advantages of using Unikie as a technology provider:
- Partner with a clear commitment for automated driving on business grounds in accordance with business, technology and system specifications
- Broad management and technology experience from automotive, software and hardware development to project and business development
- Specific and deep knowhow of High Denifition maps and models, ADAS software and systems and cloud-based IT systems
- Experienced team with deep market and technology knowledge in Automotive parking and Tech industry
- Awarded project management and Scrum experienced professionals
- Flexible and focused engagement, loyalty and punctuality
- Cost efficient and effective resources
- Dedicated team, ready to stay and ready for expansion
- Deep knowhow of 5G and secure communications networks through our Telecom sector professionals and cooperations
The criteria defined for the TISAX assessment level 3 concern companies that process highly sensitive product development information of their business partners.
Northern America and Middle East