Offering Voice over Data
Mobile data network operators can utilize their data network to offer efficient and low-cost IP Voice calls over data for subscribers. In addition, by allowing public internet access , the subscribers can use the Voice service over any data provider such as Wi-Fi or 3G/4G mobile data from other carriers. By leveraging the carriers own mobile data network and offloading calls to WiFi and other operator data networks, our customers can offer a compelling OTT style Voice services with competitive rates.
Mobile data network operators can utilize their data network to offer efficient and low-cost IP Voice calls over data for subscribers.
Unikie Voice apps
Unikie Voice apps allow carrier Voice calls over any data connection and on almost any mobile phone model. A customized voice service can be launched very rapidly using downloadable applications. The service can be monetized via affordable minute-rates, advertising or in-app services and purchases.
The Unikie app offers all normal IR.92 call services such as MO/MT calls, Conference calls, Supplementary services etc all over data. Using push notifications, the apps can work on background with limited battery consumption.
Unikie Voice solution
The Unikie apps are fully compatible with any standard SIP backend or IMS network, but the Unikie Voice over Data solution is specifically developed for non-IMS networks by offering a full end-to-end solution including the apps and a “light-IMS” system. The backend consists of SIP proxy and Media server that route calls efficiently in the network and integrated with charging and provisioning systems. This enables IP calls over the data network with minimum investment.
The solution components:
- IR.92/94 based applications for Android 4.4 and iOS 10 and above
- Light-IMS (IR.92 based), consisting of SIP and Media proxies for routing call signalling and media
- Auto-configuration service (GSMA RCC.14 based) for seamless authentication, provisioning and configuration of the apps without user involvement or any need for usernames and passwords
- Push Notification services via Apple and Google to enable battery efficient Voice applications and smooth call flows
- Voice call statistics and KPI metrics gathering from apps and from network
Voice & Messaging